Tuesday, October 30, 2007

On Why Biology Sucks/Paramore Concert

My effing lab group... *fumes* I'm going to kill them. All of them except Kenzie.
So, I went up to one kid today in math and said, "Okay, I saved the powerpoint in this place, and this is what you do. If you don't understand it, look at the bottom of that sheet he gave us last week, it explains it all."

Parker and Kenzie were supposed to meet me in the lab sixth period.

So, I get to the lab, and I'm the only one there. Of course. I look at the powerpoint, which is due next period, and see, to my utter disbelief, that Martin not only added more pictures of fungi and flowers that we DIDN'T need, but he failed to add ANY information AT ALL.

So, fuming, I wait for Kenzie to come, because I knew she would show up sooner or later, and fix thigns around, adding info here and there. Well, when she finally gets there, I'm frustrated as can be, because the computer was shutting down on me, and I hadn't saved it because it WOULDN'T save, for some reason. So, she gets there and sees that I'm about to burst, I'm so mad.

Parker never showed up.

Anyway, I looked at Kenzie and shook my head and said, "I'm done. If they want to fail, then fine, let them fail. I'll turn it in late, and they'll get no credit. I'll be sure of it."
Kenzie nodded, and we worked a few moments longer, and we both left, me fuming and getting ready to yell at Parker and Martin.

So, I get into biology, and my friend looks at me and says, "Um..Jeni, are you okay?" So, I told her what happened. She asked me what I was going to do, and all I said was, "You'll hear."

So, I sit down at the table next to Kenzie, facing the boys. I didn't look at them at all. Then Martin looks my way and says, "Did you finish?" I said, calmly, "Nope." They exhanged a look and said, "Why not?!"

I looked to them and said, voice still calm, only deadly calm this time, if I'm being honest, "You two were supposed to have been working on this project for the last four days. All you have done are two ten second videos. *nod at Marin* You came in at fourth period and did NOTHING but add pictures we didn't need! YOU- *glares at Parker* were supposed to be in the lab today, and YOU never showed." By this time, my voice had gotten louder, and pretty much everyone was staring at us. At any other point in time, I would have shut up, but here, I was wayyyyy too mad to stop.

Martin had the nerve to say to me, "Well, I didn't know what to do."
Voice now turning nasty and angry, I said, "I TOLD you what to do! And I said that if you didn't understand to LOOK AT YOUR PAPER!!!" He then says, "Well, I didn't understand the paper." I just looked at him and repeated, voice quiet again, "Oh, you didn't get it?" Him, "No, I didn't get it." So, I pulled my paper out and put it right in front of him and said, "Read it." Parker was watching me like he was afraid I was going to kill someone, and this girl Jordan, Kenzie, and my friend Rachel were all standing to the side, laughing at them, because no one has ever called them out so publicly before.
Martin says, "I already did," while glaring at me.
I took it back and said, "Oh, yeah." Then I proceeded to read the last sentence of the paragraph, where it clearly explains what exactly to write for each slide picture. Then I leaned forward across my desk toward him and said, "Guess you didn't read quite far enough."
Jordan laughs out really loud and can hardly contain her giggles when Parker looks at Martin and says, "Wow. She's really pissed at you."
I looked at him and said, "YOU didn't show up at lunch."

Then Jordan comes up to me and says, "You know, he changed the due date. It now isn't due till Friday."
Oh, yes, helped my mood wonderfully.
Then she said, "But thank you for yelling at them. They were in my lab group before, and they never did anything. They deserve it."

Martin sits next to me in eigth period Spanish, right after biology... He hasn't said or looked at me since then.
_______________________________________________________________________________

Last night, Allie and I trecked downtown for the Paramore concert. We got in line around six, and doors were to open at six-thirty. When we got there, we ran into one of our friends who started going to the other high school this year, Pat. She was in line with a girl who was really, really annoying, but she got lost in the pit during the concert, so all was well.
Along came Alyssa and Sam, and they stood with us, sort of unwelcome guests because of their morals, but fun because of their attitues.
Doors opened, and we headed straight for the pit, getting in about five or six people back, right in the middle. We stood around for better than an hour as people gathered around us, squeezing us more tightly together. We laughed, joked, Sam got into a fight with a girl who kept yelling at him for no reason *eye roll directed at BOTH of them* ... Fun stuff.
The Starting Line played, and there was supposed to be another band, but their van broke down, so The Starting Line played a full set. When they came on, and they were really, really good, the pit started moving, and, I cna't help it, I loved it.
The funny thign about pits is though it looks like if you fell you'd get plowed over, that really isn't the case. Some girl got dropped right next to me while crowd surfing, and everyone within a three foot radius turned and stopped to make sure she was okay and help her up. Even Sam picked a kid up off the ground.
anyway, they go on, and there's dangerous swaying going on.. Sort of like one sides pushing with all its force against the other-it was really sort of scary, and at one point, half of the middle part of the pit actually fell over. At that point, every single person stopped moshing and helped everyone up. As Green Day once put it, "You gotta look out for each other out there." And that's what they did. Honestly, it made me happy...though I was holding tight on to Allie who was holding tight to Patty to make sure she didn't fall, and I was holding on to the guy beside me, and he was making sure I didn't fall.
Hehe.

Anyway, Paramore came on, and, suddenly, we're like...three people back, and all the way to the side, where it isn't as rough. Which is good, for me. Because my arms and muscles now ache today because the entire time The Starting Line was on, I didn't have enough room to put my right arm down, and, when I did, my left didn't have enough space to cram into.

Paramore was amazing, and they played equal songs form both records, and, even though Allie, Patty, and I were three of like...ten people to know the old stuff, we sang loud and clear...

I love concerts so much.

Night!

1 comment:

Kirstin said...

I am glad you got to go to the concert! That's so amazingly cool that there are no words for it. Honestly, I understand all about stupid kids like the ones in your group... Yeah, pretty sure they are the reason why I tended to work alone or intimidate people into doing work. Good on you for yelling at them, though! Talk about awesomeness to the tenth power! <3